Friday, December 25, 2009

Jolly Gay Christmas


Well, Christmas morning went very well. We watched my nieces open an abundance of gifts (that they don't need) and the bf loved his jogging pants and sweater I got him. And i was surprised with a bottle of Chanel cologne that he got me. My sister got me a gift certificate for American Eagle, it's too bad no one told her that no one shops there anymore... but I do love the boxer briefs they sell there cuz they show off the package very well.

Christmas diner at the grand-parents went even better! I hadn't seen so much of the family in a long while because I was away last Christmas. So it was very nice to see them all, and after introducing them all to the bf, instead of them all ignoring him (like i thought they would) they payed more attention to him than me! Which is hard because i dyed my hair platinum blond a couple days ago haha.

But anyway, like i had explained before, my family is a francophone culture that came from France 400+ years ago, so everyone had questions for the bf about how life and holidays happened over there.

I actually recall (within all the wine and beer) when my sister asked the bf if he wanted some dessert, and he went to the kitchen and I could see him there with my family, it actually made me teary eyed. I don't know if it was the wine... but just seeing someone I love interact with my family on a day as important as Christmas, it was really something else.

Oh and everyone loved the Foie Gras that he brought from France. If you don't know what it is, it's force-fed duck liver made into a paste that you spread on bread, costs a fortune.. sounds awful but it's a delicacy and it tastes amazing. I figured when a stranger comes around and brings duck liver for people to try, everyone was going to think he was weird, but they all loved it :)

Oh and on Christmas eve, when dad returned home from my aunt's, drunk as hell, he offered the bf a cigar, so we all went in the garage (to hide from mom) and smoked cigs and cigars haha. It was something i'd never thought i'd be able to see, my dad and the bf smoking cigars. (well he called them cigars... they were actually strawberry flavored cigarettes)

This was def one of the best Christmas I've ever had.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas too.

2 comments:

  1. Well Benny it sounds like you had a really special Xmas -
    you are very lucky - it is great that the family just took him under their wings and made him feel so welcome - you must have good taste, he must be a nice person for the family to so readily accept him.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool that your family was so embracing of your bf. definitely great feeling seeing the people you care about interacting and accepting one another. cheers- ry

    ReplyDelete