Saturday, December 12, 2009

Interchangeable Hobbies

So have you ever had a hobby in your life, where you loved doing it, you did it a lot, and you were kinda good at it, then the interest of it just dies down. And then you hate yourself for not continuing this hobby?
Well that's what's going on with my paintings. I've been painting since I got back from France last summer. And I've quite a collection going on here, but I've been avoiding the paint brush relentlessly in the last couple weeks. I even had a mini painting party with the Danni and the bf the last time he was here visiting. We had so much fun. I made this trippy abstract looking thing, because I was high as fuck. The bf made another kind of 70's lookin' abstract painting too! ...Oh how i was proud of him. It's always nice to see people find talent in themselves. Now his painting is hung in our living room haha. But why do people give up so easily on hobbies, and collections..? I think it's sad, I used to draw and sketch and collect things, like hot wheels cars, rocks, stamps, even Beanie Babies. God i miss those things. Can you imagine if they came back up in value? I had this one bear worth 500$, the Canadian bear, oh how I was proud.
Maybe it's because people keep asking me to paint stuff for them. But it's weird (especially at the early stages) because all my paintings have this connection with me, because I feel like I put my body in it and my mind and then it just has value to me. Then I think of how i'd have to make something to appease to someone I've only met a couple months ago. fack.

The sushi was magical last night. Southern I'm glad I was able to convince you to give it a try. I also hope that whatever sushi place you decide to try out, they have the vanilla ice cream over deep fried banana and chocolate drizzled. I had a boner from that dessert.


I love wake and bakes. But then I feel like half my day is gone.


Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. hey dude u write well, i know ill keep readin it. thanks for the comments, n im glad reading my blog got u to write 1 instead of like decidin to give up writin forever. u sound cool.

    mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting Benny - as a kid I was a very prolific sketcher and as I got older put them all in the back of my old kombi van [so I could show them off - vain eh! but I was very proud of them ] any way to cut a long story short they where on the shelf in the back that covered the engine.That day I did a very long trip and when I got back that night I parked the kombi went in and a few hours later there was a knock on the door and one of the guys that lived and worked on the same farm as me told me there was a heap of smoke comming out of the kombi so we raced out and open the door and all my years of work was a black smoldering heap - to say I was upset was an understatement,sadly that and the fact that life got busy I haven't sketched in years - might have another go later in life.
    Also love collecting - books and magazines.But there are always so many distractions in life but I still go back to it when the time and the passion allow it.Thanks for the kind mention.
    7 days to go, it's getting closer - it should be a big buzz for you.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete