Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Uh oh...

I'm bringing my foreign boyfriend to my grand-parent's on Christmas day...

Should I just hire the camera crew now and send the tape in to ABC?

maybe Fail Blog?...



My parents have met the bf, and my grand-mother knows I like the boys, and I think most of the family does. But my grand-father doesn't, an 83 year old man, can't hear a word you're saying, and just makes things more awkward than a bat in the cave. But really though, I'm scared. My family's culture is like a sub-culture of the French. The french settled in my province in 1604 and 400 years later, families like mine across the world is what's left from that culture. So we got our dialect in french, and then we have the dialect from France which is my boyfriend. They're both french, yet a french man cannot understand what I'm saying when I'm talking to my parents in french haha. So you can only imagine how hard this is gonna be on the poor bf.

I can't skip on christmas this year. I was away last year and mom would kill me if I wasn't home for it.



I'm also looking at this as a pivotal point in our relationship, bringing him home for holidays, it's like a rite of passage or something lol.

I'll keep the development of this posted.

(felt necessary to put the french piece Clement Chabernaud as a pic)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the excitment is really building up - I'm sure you are going to have a ball.
    My parents migrated from Austria to Australia when I was 2 - I was lucky enough to go back and visit as a young adult and one off the things that struck me were the different dialects even within in the country - sitting in a guest house I asked my uncle what language the people a couple of tables away were speaking and he told me it was a local dialect and he didn't even understand it and after visiting a number of countries I discovered it was much the same throughout Europe.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg u need to speak like 2 kinds of french n english ... i can barely speak english, and toly suck at spanish, i could talk to like a 2yo. man i hope ur xmas works out wit ur dude n family. its fun readin ur stuff

    mikey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very interesting point of view. Speaking as an older Gay man in his 3rd? relationship...it is a right of passage and one that seems to resurface in one for or another over the years. I lived it with my first 2 relationships, disclosure that you suck this person's cock...that's what is in their heads of course. They got used to it. But that comfort lasted 12 years with the x, and 5 years with the guy before that...but now at 43 I have a new BF, I'm starting over and my BF is 24. Yeah some of my slutty highschool friends have children that age but I've tried pushing him away, but he keeps comming back, he is model gorgeous, has a job, his own home and a huge cock...so after 2 years I said yes...fine...ok...I will be your BF.

    But now...we have to do the family thing. oh my.

    it feels like the first time.

    Bah...I can say bah I'm older than all of you.

    Fuck them all...you love your BF as much as I love mine. Once they get passed the fact that you fuck each other...all will be good.

    I'm bringing a stroller and some diapers just to accentuate the difference.

    Merry Christmas

    Jean

    ReplyDelete