Saturday, January 9, 2010

Clowns

Well. I already hate my classes.
Went to my 4000 level french grammar class high. That was a mistake. Luckily my table is the cool table and they all knew i was fucked, so the rest of the class just thinks i'm weird, which i'm totally okay with.
The bf still hasn't got his luggage back from chicago.. I feel so bad for him. All those nice clothes, his camera, his christmas gifts.. fucking airlines..

The room mates are drinking tonight, Danni's staying in and drinking, it's because she doesn't feel well enough to go out, but i like to think it's cuz she'd rather stay home with me hah.
I was painting with her earlier, now she locked her door and I can't finish my painting lol.
I ran out of canvases so I was painting a wooden board I found downstairs and some wooden boxes from the dollar store. The rest of the room mates think Danni and I are turning into pot head hippies. Oh well, I guess that's kinda what we are haha.

I've decided to post a couple more pics of one some of my paintings, they seem to attract attention and comments ha. The first one I did by looking of an image I had on my computer a few months back. The second I did free hand a couple weeks ago.
A lot of people say I look like the guy in this painting, that wasn't my intention, but I do agree with them. So this will probably be the closest thing you guys see as to what I look like .

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the painting. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first one Benny.
    Don't think I'd like to meet the clown in the second one.It's weird how a person designed to create laughter and happiness has been used quite often to convey sadness and dark scenarios. Nice painting all the same.
    Hope the bf gets his luggage soon - I imagine the weather must be playing havoc with the airlines - reports we get here on the news about your deep freeze are not good - weird over here we are into our 3rd day of 100 plus days and I have worked 2 of them and it is like being in a furnace - gimme autum or spring.
    Regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. benny-

    hang in there with the classes- its early in the semester- hopefully it will get better.

    i love the first painting. you did a really good job. i love the way the sky bleeds down but doesn't quite reach the guy.

    i agree with Stef- clowns don't usually create positive feelings for me either- but the picture is well done. keep on the great work- do you often wind up trying other items as canvases for your work like the wooden boxes etc you mentioned? i think thats cool- could explore that even.

    -ry-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!
    yeah the clown has received some mixed reactions. But i think seeing it in person would probably change some minds. I don't like clowns myself, i guess that's why i painted them in such a dark and awkward way. This one is actually 1 of 3 clown paintings i've done. They all kinda have the same atmosphere.

    Stef I'm jealous of the heat you're getting. We could use some over here. Hurts to walk to school in the morning. Couldn't feel my face or my fingers trying to hold a cigarette.

    Ry, last night i painted a vase, turned out to look like something you'd find in a 70's home decor magazine.. but I needed something to transfer my aloe plant into because it was outgrowing its pot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i havent smoked in 7 months. im thinking of breaking that though. im still in high school so dont know much about going to college classes high but going to high school high is a blast haha

    i loved the paintings! Both of them are really nice. They are total opposites of each other, one is calm and the other dark. Great work!

    ReplyDelete